HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We retain your Personal Data for no longer than it is necessary to fulfill the purposes specified in the section “How do we process your Personal Data”. Except for any legal obligation that sets a longer data retention period, at the end of these periods, the Personal Data processed will be deleted or anonymized.DO WE USE AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING OR REFER TO THE AUTOMATED PROFILING?
We neither use automated decision-making nor refer to the automated profiling.WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
Rights of EU residents:
(1) The right of access to your Personal Data meaning that you can receive a copy of the Personal Data that we hold about you, as well as other supplementary information.
(2) The right to rectification of your Personal Data which is incomplete or inaccurate.
(3) The right to erasure of your Personal Data meaning that you can ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Note, that we can retain your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or resolve disputes. If we have no grounds to continue processing your Personal Data, we will delete or remove it and notify you about such deletion or removal.
(4) The right to restrict processing of your Personal Data if (a) the accuracy of the Personal Data is contested by you, (b) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the Personal Data, (c) we no longer need the Personal Data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, and (d) you have objected to processing pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds override this.
(5) The right to data portability. The right to portability of your Personal Data, which applies only to information we have processed based on your consent or Terms and Conditions.
(6) The right to object to the processing of your Personal Data where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation that makes you want to object to the processing on this ground. We will no longer process the Personal Data unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
(7) Right to withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on the consent to process your Personal Data. If we have no other grounds for processing your Personal Data, after you send us a request to withdraw consent, we will stop processing your Personal Data that we were processing under your consent.
We will address your request as early as possible and no longer that within 1 month. Please note that this period may be extended by 2 further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. In this case, we will inform you of the extension within 1 month of receipt of your request and will explain you the reasons for the delay.
Rights of California residents:
(1) The right to opt out. Under the CCPA each California resident can request business stops selling Personal Data to third parties.
Do we actually “sell” Personal Data? We do not, and will not, provide your Personal Data in direct exchange for money. Therefore, in the literal sense, we do not sell your Personal Data.
(2) Other rights. You also have a right to be informed about what categories of Personal Data we are collecting: you can request us to disclose what Personal Data we have collected in the past 12 months and right to get a free copy of your Personal Data disclosed in a readily usable and readable format. You can also request us to delete the Personal Data we have collected in the past 12 months. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights granted under CCPA.
Mandatory Verification: As required by CCPA we will need to verify your identity before processing your request. In order to verify your identity, you will be asked to log in to your account or (if you do not have an account) we will try to match the information you provided with the information we handle about you. In certain circumstances, we may decline the request, mainly where we are unable to verify your identity, for example, if you have requested us to delete your Personal Data.
As required by CCPA we endeavor to respond to a verifiable request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by e-mail.How to exercise any of your rights?
You may exercise your rights by sending a relevant request to the e-mail indicated in the contact details.
If you have any comments about how we process your Personal Data, please let us know and we will consider your claim. If you are not satisfied with our response to the complaint, you have the right to file a complaint with the competent authority.Information from Communications Between Us
When we communicate with each other, we collect the following information:
- When we communicate with each other via email, text message, chat, form submission, or other form of written communication, we will collect and store any information that is contained in that message, which could include your name, email address, phone number, and address.
- Our third party providers collect and store "metadata" about the written communication depending on the communications medium used. In the case of email, this includes your email address , IP address, and host network.
- If you sign up for recurring reports, email newsletters, or notifications, you will provide your email address or other unique means of contacting you.
- For any phone calls between us, typically for support, we collect your phone number and may link it to other personal information such as name and email address that we either ask for in the course of the call or that already exists in one of our systems. In certain cases our phone service may automatically generate a transcript of the call.
We use the information we collect to facilitate communication between us, answer questions, provide information about our company and products, and provide you with the Services.
We share your information with our third party communications service providers in order to send email, place a phone call, send a text, chat, send newsletters, or otherwise communicate with you.Social Media Platforms
From within the Service, users are able to share content on SNS such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Telegram and WhatsApp.Donations via the Service
When you make donations to Helpster, we process these through third-party payment processors such as Braintree, PayPal, Apple pay, Google Pay and Stripe. User Access and Control of Personally Identifiable Information
If you would like to access, review, correct, update, suppress, transfer (right to data portability), delete or otherwise limit our use of your personal information we have collected, you may contact us using the mechanisms provided below. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
You may opt out of having your personal information used or disclosed for certain purposes.
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out of receiving such communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email.
Helpster may send you push notifications with notices that may be of interest to you. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings within the Service or on your mobile device.Reviewing, Changing, and Removing Your Information
You can review and/or change certain of your Personal Information by accessing your Account. You may also review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your Account by detailing your request using the e-mail addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use this same procedure to request that we close your Account.
If some or all of your Personal Information is deleted, then your account may become deactivated.
If we have already disclosed some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures, including Charities. See the section "This Policy Doesn't Cover Third Parties" below.This Policy Doesn't Cover Third Parties
The Service is not directed to children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18.
If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information or may be receiving communications from us without consent of a parent or guardian, we ask that this be brought to our immediate attention. We will make it our priority to address this situation and delete information relating to a child as soon as practicable. In such an event, please contact us at email@example.comSecurity
To protect your personal data from unauthorized access and abuse we have implemented technical and organizational security measures. We check these security measures regularly and adapt them, as necessary, to the state of technological progress. All payment data is processed by our payment processing partners.
We do not collect your financial information. Your financial information is managed securely by our payment processors which are globally trusted payments companies.Location of Storage
Please note that HELPSTER is an organization operating worldwide so that your personally identifiable information may be processed also outside of the European Economic Area or outside any other area you might be located in when using the Service.
We transfer personal data from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to other countries. The European Commission may have not determined that some of these countries provide an adequate level of data protection. For example, their laws may not guarantee you the same rights as residents of the European Union. When we engage in such transfers, we use a variety of legal mechanisms, including contracts, to help ensure your rights and protections travel with your data. To learn more about the European Commission's decisions on the adequacy of the protection of personal data in the countries where we process personal information, please visit this European Commission page
.Notification of ChangesT
Content Sharing Terms
By submitting user-generated content such as teams, text and audio-visual material to HELPSTER, you:
Disclaimer – Links to other Sites
- represent and warrant that you are of legal age of consent in the jurisdiction of your domicile;
- grant HELPSTER a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub licensable and transferable license to use, display, distribute, reproduce, modify, remix, translate, transcode, excerpt, adapt, prepare derivative works of and compilations, publicly display such content in any format or medium for any purpose in connection with HELPSTER activities;
- represent and warrant that the content is original or that you hold the necessary rights to publish the content you submit and grant HELPSTER the license under (ii); and
- agree to indemnify and hold HELPSTER, its officers, agents and employees harmless from any claim or loss made by any third party due to or arising out of content you submit.
The Service may contain hypertext links to other services. The Helpster assumes no responsibility for those services including the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.Contact Us
firstname.lastname@example.orgLast update: 15 September 2023